On behalf of its client, a leading European player in the rental of ultra-modern locomotives, which operates in France, Learn2fly-rh is recruiting the:
Head of Maintenance & Services – France (H/F/N)
Purpose of the position
The Head of Fleet Management and Maintenance is responsible for the ECM II, III and ECM IV functions.
He/she ensures that regulations are implemented and complied with within the company. As such, he/she supports the Company Director on technical and operational aspects.
You will be responsible for managing locomotive fleets, their technical and strategic planning, and maintenance operations. You will be the main point of contact for customers on all matters concerning maintenance appointments and scheduling.
You maintain the reliability of the fleet in line with the company’s commercial promise, while complying with safety regulations.
To carry out your mission successfully, you will be supported by a team of fleet and operational managers (for whom you will be the line manager), as well as by the company’s department heads.
• Knowledge of the railway environment / technical service and maintenance
• Knowledge of general mechanics and electricity
• Knowledge of maintenance principles for industrial and transport equipment (maintenance schedules, material and functional nomenclatures, maintenance planning and programming)
• Knowledge of the following standards and regulations
• (EU) 2019/779
• Access to the RFN (national rail network)
• You speak and write English and/or German fluently. (other European languages would be a real plus).
Your interpersonal skills
• Leadership, team management.
• Position yourself as a leader of your team to achieve operational objectives.
• Team recruitment: Identify candidates’ talents and weaknesses in order to build your team.
• Autonomy and ability to synthesize.
• Rigor, methods and organization.
• Writing documents in a user-friendly way.
• Priority and deadline management.
• Customer service mindset.
• Select and manage maintenance subcontractors to meet ambitious locomotive availability targets.
• Ensure that operations are carried out according to plan.
• Manage the quality of subcontractors.
• Respect schedules and commitments to customers.
• Support the Quality Manager in carrying out site risk analyses and monitoring the health and safety of operational teams.
• Define, implement and manage human resources.
• Develop and maintain operational KPIs.
• Participate in reliability analyses and the processing of feedback from head office.
• Carry out periodic audits of maintainers and depot owners.
Budget / workload plan
• Provide billing information for operations and services.
• Validate invoices from external service providers and ensure payment.
• Validate and forward quotations for maintenance operations.
Job location: This may be in Paris (France headquarters); however, the candidate’s place of residence will be taken into account, as well as (if known in the meantime) the locations of the subcontractors selected to carry out locomotive maintenance.
o Permanent contract under French law, executive status.
o Remuneration according to candidate’s profile. (Fixed salary + bonus + company car).
o Travel in France and Europe.